Get the most detailed and accurate valuations of your assets, providing optimal total cost of ownership analytics when consider your next IT refresh or migration to the cloud.
MindSafe™ Data Security
Keeping your data secure, responsibly
Security breaches happen many different ways. Some organizations spend time, resources, and capital to protect data in their live networks – but neglect data security measures on their retired hardware.
Negligence is a mistake you can easily avoid. Atlantix can show you how.
Avoid the risk of exposing your data and gain the confidence that Atlantix’s MindSafe™ solutions provide.
We safeguard your data with our leading-edge erasure and destruction services that meet the most rigorous industry standards.
Atlantix employs the industry’s largest team of technical engineers to handle your data security needs. With expertise across all major platforms and manufacturers (Dell EMC, NetApp, HPE, IBM, Cisco and more), we deploy a compliant sanitization protocol without degrading the value of your IT assets.
MindSafe Data Sanitization and Destruction
With more than 40 years of experience, and locations around the globe, we provide services globally on- or off-site with full reporting and visibility into our operations:
- Equipment Valuation and Serialized Reporting
- Atlantix evaluates your assets and determines the best course of action: data erasure, degaussing or shredding. Our process includes a full audit and tracking through serial number capturing to ensure your products are secure.
- Data Wiping of All Equipment Types
- MindSafe erasure services are performed when your products are in good condition and considered as equipment for reuse, redeployment or remarketing. We can help you find the value in remarketing assets.
- Multi-pass DoD Overwrite and NIST 800-88 Compliance
- Atlantix is compliant with Department of Defense (DoD) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards. We maintain DoD 5220.22 and NIST 800-88 standards throughout each inventory audit and project procedure. Our technicians perform DoD overwrites specific to security requirements for all items and follows the NIST standardization guides to determine an asset’s sanitization technique.
- R2 Recycling Certification
- We are an R2:2013-certified company. The Responsible Recycling Practices Standard (R2) certification is a set of voluntary principles and guidelines designed to promote and assess responsible practices relating to environmental, health, safety and security.
- Physical Asset Destruction Services
- Atlantix provides MindSafe data destruction services for end-of-life (EOL) assets. If you have a large volume of damaged or old IT equipment in your warehouse or data center, our responsible destruction capabilities are a great solution for you.
- Hard Drive Degaussing
- For smaller batches of EOL equipment, our MindSafe degaussing services may better fit your needs and budget. Hard drive degaussing exposes the asset to a powerful magnetic field that erases the data from the media drives. This is a simple way to save on destroying old tapes and hard drives while keeping data secure.
- Hard Drive and Tape Shredding
- The shredding of old assets is an efficient and time-saving solution for businesses with multiple EOL products. As our securest option, shredding keeps your data safe while effectively disposing of obsolete tapes and hard drives. Atlantix can perform this service at our facility or at your location.
- Certificates of Destruction
- Atlantix provides a certificate of destruction confirming that all data has been responsibly and accurately destroyed. Gain peace of mind that your data is secure.
- Visibility and Asset Tracking - ITAD Customer Portal
- Know the status of your assets 24/7 through Atlantix’s ITAD customer portal. Our portal enables you to track your assets through each step of our processing.
Learn more about how MindSafe services will protect your sensitive data in this information sheet.
Solutions that Meet the Standards
All MindSafe data sanitization services meet Department of Defense (DoD) and NIST standards. We provide full reporting, certificates of data destruction, and chain of custody documentation.
In addition, Atlantix has comprehensive solutions to meet the most stringent compliance requirements. You maintain compliance with all local and federal regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, and others. MindSafe keeps you in full compliance.
Keeping up with Data Processing
There are immense guidelines and procedures when it comes to the responsible processing and destruction of data. Keeping your data center or infrastructure running smoothly often requires equipment to be replaced, wiped, recycled and disposed of properly if obsolete.
Atlantix can help streamline the process at your site or manage the complete process at our secure facilities.
Value in Data Eradication
Atlantix evaluates your equipment to determine whether your items are ready for erasure or if they are recommended for destruction. Destroying valuable assets due to data security requirements or handing them off to a recycler for convenience can both result in loss of tremendous value.
For un-damaged parts that have remarketing potential, we offer our complete data erasure service in an effort to retain the physical assets while providing you the green-friendly options of equipment reuse or remarketing.
Assets that are damaged or obsolete are shredded to prevent any data breach.
Data Eradication or Destruction – How to choose?
Organizations often struggle with the question: Is data erasure safe in comparison to data destruction?
Atlantix ensures that our data sanitization procedures are secure throughout each step of the process.
Data erasure is becoming the preferred option as efforts to refresh equipment in the most environmentally responsible way becomes a top priority in the IT industry.
Our data security capabilities make it simple to incorporate value recovery or the responsible recycling of your IT assets.