Cisco Catalyst 2950 24 port ( WS-C2950-24 )
Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series switches are fixed-configuration models that provide wire-speed Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for small and medium-sized networks. The Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series is an affordable product line that brings intelligent services, such as enhanced security, high availability, and advanced quality of service (QoS), to the network edge-while maintaining the simplicity of traditional LAN switching. Embedded in all Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series switches is the Cisco Device Manager software, which allows users to easily configure and monitor the switch using a standard Web browser, eliminating the need for more complex terminal emulation programs and knowledge of the command-line interface (CLI). Customers can easily initialize the switch with web-based Cisco Express Setup, without using the CLI. In addition, with Cisco Network Assistant, a standalone network management software, customers can simultaneously configure and troubleshoot multiple Cisco Catalyst desktop switches. Cisco Device Manager, Cisco Express Setup, and Cisco Network Assistant reduce the cost of deployment by enabling less-skilled personnel to set up switches quickly. Furthermore, Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series switches provide extensive management tools using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) network management platforms such as CiscoWorks.
All Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series include:
• Cisco Catalyst 2950G 48-48 10/100 ports and 2 Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC)-based Gigabit Ethernet ports
• Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24-24 10/100 ports and 2 GBIC ports
• Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24-DC-24 10/100 ports, 2 GBIC ports, DC power
• Cisco Catalyst 2950G 12-12 10/100 ports and 2 GBIC ports
• Cisco Catalyst 2950T 24-24 10/100 ports and 2 fixed 10/100/1000BASE-T uplink ports
• Cisco Catalyst 2950C 24-24 10/100 ports and 2 fixed 100BASE-FX uplink ports
Cisco Catalyst 2950-24 port ( WS-C2950-24 ) Specifications
• 8.8 Gbps switching fabric (Cisco Catalyst 2950G-24)
• 8 MB memory architecture shared by all ports
• Up to 16 MB SDRAM and 8 MB Flash memory
• Configurable up to 8000 MAC addresses
• Configurable maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 1530 bytes (Cisco Catalyst 2950G switches only)
• RMON I and II standards
• SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3 (planned future support for v3)
Connectors and Cabling
• 10BASE-T ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cabling
• Management console port: 8-pin RJ-45 connector, RJ-45-to-RJ-45 rollover cable with RJ-45-to-DB9 adapter for PC connections; for terminal connections, use RJ-45-to-DB25 female data-terminal-equipment (DTE) adapter (can be ordered separately from Cisco, part number ACS-DSBUASYN=)
Customers can provide power to a switch by using the internal power supply, the Cisco RPS 675. The connectors are located at the back of the switch.
• Internal Power Supply Connector
– The internal power supply is an autoranging unit.
– The internal power supply supports input voltages between 100 and 240 VAC.
– Use the supplied AC power cord to connect the AC power connector to an AC power outlet.
• Per-port status LEDs: link integrity, disabled, activity, speed, and full-duplex indications.
• System status LEDs: system, RPS, and bandwidth utilization indications.
• Power consumption: 30W maximum, 102 BTUs per hour (Cisco Catalyst 2950T-24, 2950C-24, 2950G-12, and 2950G-24)
• Power consumption: 45W maximum, 154 BTUs per hour (Cisco Catalyst 2950G-48)
• AC input voltage: 100 to 127, 200 to 240 VAC (autoranging)
• AC input frequency: 47 to 63 Hz
• DC input voltages for Cisco RPS 675: +12V @ 4.5A
Predicted Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
• 475,184 hours (Cisco Catalyst WS-2950G-24)
Fiber Port Specifications for Cisco Catalyst WS-C2950-24 Switch
Fiber-port power levels:
• Optical transmitter wavelength: 1300 nm