This storage controller provides a 4Gbps Single Port Fibre Channel through a PCI-X 2.0. The IBM 5760 is a 64-bit address/data, short form factor PCI-X adapter with an LC type external fiber connector that provides single initiator capability over an optical fiber link or loop. With the use of appropriate optical fiber cabling, this adapter provides the capability for a network of high-speed local and remote located storage.
The IBM 5760 will auto-negotiate for the highest data rate acrossed 1Gbps, 2Gbps or 4Gbps as these speeds are available on the connecting devices.The max distance is 500 meters running at 1Gbps data rate, 300 meters running at 2Gbps data rate, and 4Gbps data rate up to 150 meters. Distances of up to 10 kilometers are capable running at either 1Gbps or 2Gbps or 4Gbps data rate when used with IBM supported Fibre Channel storage switches supporting long-wave optics.
The IBM 5760 can be used to attach devices either directly, or by means of Fibre Channel Switches. If attaching a device or switch with a SC type fiber connector, use of a #0371 LC-SC Adapter Kit (50um) or a #0372 LC-SC Adapter Kit (62.5um) is required.
The IBM 5760 requires a PCI IOP.
Consult with your IBM representative or Business Partner for additional information relative to any third party attachment.
PCI-X Fibre channel Disk Controller
- Attributes provided: One Port Fibre Channel Adapter which attaches External
- Attributes required: One empty PCI-X 1.0 / 2.0 slot and a PCI IOP
- Short, 64-bit, 3.3V, 133 MHz
- Extra-high bandwidth
- IOP controlled
- For best performance, place in a 64-bit position.
- Only one per IOP and no other IOAs.
- A maximum of two 2787, 5704, 5760, or 5761 (any combination) per PCI bridge set boundary.
- This IOA can be used in Multipath configurations. To improve the availability provided by Multipath, place each IOA and its IOP on different HSL loops, in different expansion units or on different multi-adapter bridges.